- What causes obesity, why it exists and why it’s a problem for the community
- What are examples the community can take to control or reduce the obesity epidemic
Each photo you capture has a different meaning and story and we ask that each participant write a short commentary to display along with the photo to explain their thoughts on how that photo relates to the obesity issue.
What Are the Rules?
No purchase is necessary to enter this contest. It is open to the general public. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes each individual’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these rules and regulations:
- All photos must be taken in Cobb County, GA
- You must work, live or attend school in Cobb County, GA
- Your photos must be originals (not taken by anyone but yourself)
- Maximum of three photos entered per person
- You must include your name in the image’s filename (ie jandoe1.jpg)
- You must complete an entry form with each photo including your name, age, photo location and a brief commentary of 200 words or less explaining how your photo relates to the issue of obesity
- Your photo must relate to the subject matter of obesity in Cobb County
- Your photo must not include an identifiable person without their consent and their signed photo release form submitted with your photo entry
- By submitting your photos to Cobb2020, you agree that it is an original photo and Cobb2020 may use your photos for future use
- All photos must be submitted between September 9th, 2013 and October 7th, 2013
- Fill out and complete an entry form for each photo you submit.
- All photos MUST be submitted between September 9, 2013 and October 7, 2013.
How Do I Get Started?
To participate in the Photovoice contest, download the following documents to learn more information on the process and the specific rules and documents you need to submit an entry.
- Photovoice Explanation
- Rules & Regulations
- Photo Entry Form (To fill out the form and sign your name in the PDF on the computer, download this document and read instructions at the top)
- Photo Release Form
- Safety Guidelines
What are the Incentives?
Enter the Cobb2020 Photovoice contest for the chance to win a FREE IPOD TOUCH, IPAD MINI or a $50 AMAZON GIFT CERTIFICATE! Prizes will be awarded to the top two finalist from the following three age categories:
- Ages 5 – 13 years old – 1st place winner receives a free iPod Touch; 2nd place winner receives a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Ages 14 – 18 years old – 1st place winner receives a free iPad Mini; 2nd place winner receives a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Age 19 years and older – 1st place winner receives a free iPad Mini; 2nd place winner receives a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate
Organizations, classes, youth groups or agencies which help facilitate youth participation in the Cobb2020 Photovoice contest, will be entered into a drawing to receive $300 to implement a project or actions to promote a healthier environment for your organization. The organization must be identified on the entry form of at least 10 participants.
Additionally, each Monday during the time frame of the contest, Cobb2020 will choose one photo to highlight as the Photo of the Week that will be promoted on Cobb2020’s website, email blasts and social media sites. The sooner you enter, the better your chances are, so submit your photos early!
All photos chosen as winners or highlighted as Photo of the Week, will also be recognized and put on display at Cobb2020 events throughout the Cobb community.
How Will the Winners be Chosen?
All entries to the Cobb2020 Photovoice contest will be reviewed by a select team of judges at Cobb2020. All photos in both categories will be held to the same standards. The judges will choose the winners based on the following criteria:
- Overall Impact of the photo, title and commentary and relevance to the project theme
- Creativity/Originality of the photo, title and commentary
- Artistry of the photograph and how well it illustrated the photographer’s thoughts
- Expression of theme and how well it captures a clear reason for the picture
For more information about Cobb 2020 and the Photovoice contest, visit: www.cobb2020.com.