Cobb & Douglas Public Health, headquartered in Marietta, Georgia since 1920, promotes and protects the health and safety of the residents of Cobb and Douglas counties, in partnership with several other agencies. CDPH is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable healthcare services. We work to achieve healthy people in healthy communities by preventing epidemics and spread of disease, protecting against environmental hazards, preventing injuries, promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors, responding to disasters, assisting in community recovery, and assuring the quality and accessibility of health care. By excelling at our core responsibilities, we will assist our residents in living healthier, longer and more rewarding lives. If you are looking to pursue a career that makes a real difference in our community, Cobb & Douglas Public Health welcomes enthusiastic, qualified applicants. Review our current openings, applications and benefits summary.
By excelling at our core responsibilities, we will assist our residents in living healthier, longer and more rewarding lives. If you are looking to pursue a career that makes a real difference in our community, Cobb & Douglas Public Health welcomes enthusiastic, qualified applicants. Review our current openings, applications and benefits summary.
Current Career Opportunities
Current list of employment opportunities:
|Job Title||Job Number||Close Date|
|Registered Nurse 2-PCM_Healthy Start-Jobs 00218304&00218305-Closes 2019-06-14||00218304 & 00218305||June 14, 2019|
|Social Services Tech 2-PCM_Healthy Start-Jobs 00218306_00218307_00218308-Closes 2019-06-14||00218306, 00218307, 00218308||June 14, 2019|
|PH Nurse Manager-PCM_Healthy Start-Job 00218311-Closes 2019-06-14||00218311||June 14, 2019|
|Registered Nurse 2-CH-Job 00203922-Closes 2019-06-05||00203922||June 5, 2019|
|IT Systems Administrator 1 - Job 00196916 - Closes 2019-06-07||00196916||June 7, 2019|
|Physician Supervisor-Capstone- Job 00002419 - Closes 2019-06-20||00002419||June 20, 2019|
|Medical Assistant 2 Capstone - Job 00216989- Closes 2019- 06-20||00216989||June 20, 2019|
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Cobb & Douglas Public Health hires you to retire you. We offer a competitive salary and exceptional opportunities, along with excellent benefits, which include:
- 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks each of annual and 3 weeks of sick leave per year
- A defined benefit retirement plan with full vestment after 10 years of full-time employment, including employer match 401k plan
- Payroll deductible health benefits (medical, dental, vision, legal, dependent life, AD&D, short and long-term disability, long-term care, etc.)
- Medical and Child care spending accounts can be established in addition to deferred compensation options
- Flexibility within our core operational hours of Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Promote learning and growth
- Employee recognition program
- Worksite wellness activities including free immunizations, on-site fitness sessions, educational lunch & learns and activities, an adjustable sit-to-stand desk program, and employee wellness policies.
- Diverse workforce. And much more!
Ready to apply and become part of the CDPH team?
Student Internship and Volunteer Opportunities:
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging internship or cooperative education experience? Consider an internship as an undergraduate or graduate student. Cobb & Douglas Public Health aims to improve the future of public health by promoting excellence and professional development of students in public health and related disciplines. We provide many unpaid internship opportunities in our Center for Clinical Services and Center for Community Health. We are excited to work with students and enjoy teaching students about public health.
We offer a variety of unpaid internships/clinical rotations for:
- Graduate-level students receiving a Master of Public Health (MPH) or related field;
- Undergraduate Nursing students receiving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN);
- Nurse Practitioner students (Women’s Health only);
- We currently have no pediatric or primary care rotations at this time for NP students.
For MPH students seeking internships or practicum projects, please contact Carla Lario, at email@example.com. In your email request, please include your school name, current degree/program, and semester of internship availability (i.e. including dates of your rotation, number of hours to complete, etc.).
MPH & Nursing Program Requirements:
- Submit your resume, program/area of interest, and a brief overview of your background and career interests;
- Students are served on a first-come, first-serve basis and there is limited availability;
- We must have an existing contract with your school in order for you to intern at one of our facilities;
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate new contracts at this time.
For nursing (BSN) students seeking clinical rotations, please have your school coordinator contact the Clinical Nursing Coordinator, Karla Ayers at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email request, please include your school name, current degree/program, and semester of rotation (i.e. including rotation dates, number of hours to complete, etc.).
For nurse practitioner (NP) students seeking clinical placements, please contact the Clinical Coordinator, Karla Ayers at email@example.com. In the email request, please include your school name, current degree/program, and semester of rotation (i.e. including rotation dates, number of hours to complete, etc.).
***No phone calls or personal visits are accepted at this time.***
Our locations include: East Cobb, Douglasville, Acworth, Marietta, and Smyrna. We do not have opportunities in every location, but may be able to meet specific location requests based upon preceptor availability.
Volunteers are an essential part of our team. Through a variety of job assignments, volunteers, along with CDPH staff, help to promote and protect the health and safety of the residents of Cobb and Douglas counties. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, and assist our residents in living a healthier, longer and more rewarding lives Cobb & Douglas Public Health is the place for you.
If you are interested in a volunteer opportunity, please email your resume to the Volunteer Coordinator, Carla Lario at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, include your areas of volunteer interest or desired skill sets (i.e. front desk clerk, office clerical support, billing clerk, etc.).
Note: Due to the high volume of calls we receive, only email requests will be considered.
Cobb & Douglas Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cobb & Douglas Public Health participates in the E-Verify Program which is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. Company ID:228736 Registered: 07/2009 Cobb & Douglas Public Health is an equal opportunity employer. Cobb & Douglas Public Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.