Cobb & Douglas Public Health, with our partners, promotes and protects the health and safety of the residents of Cobb and Douglas counties.
We work to achieve healthy people in healthy communities by:
- Preventing epidemics and spread of disease
- Protecting against environmental hazards
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors
- Responding to disasters and assisting in community recovery
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health care
By excelling at our core responsibilities, we will achieve healthier lives and a healthier community.
Cobb & Douglas Public Health will be an acknowledged leader among health departments in the United States.
In order to continuously improve our effectiveness and the health of our communities, we will work internally and with community partners to:
- Demonstrate significant improvement on key health and safety indicators
- Achieve operational excellence by exceeding local public health system performance expectations
- Champion workforce enhancement
To achieve these ambitious goals, we will engage, respect and value our staff and partners, thereby creating healthier lives and a healthier community.
We continually evaluate and improve our skills and services
We exceed the expectations of those we serve
We lead by example with humility and persistent determination
We are open, honest and accountable
We collaborate to achieve common goals