To be the coalition that empowers Douglas County to create a drug-free and healthy community.
Making Douglas County a drug-free and healthier place to live by reducing youth substance use and improving lifestyle choices through community collaboration, advocacy and education.
What Do We Do?
The Live Healthy Douglas County Coalition promotes many areas of health in Douglas County. We promote programs in the community through our partnerships with the schools, worksites, and community organizations to educate citizens on ways to improve their quality of life and reduce the risk of chronic disease. Some areas of emphasis are:
- Policy & Environmental Changes
- We Can! Programs
- Tobacco Cessation Classes
- Drug Free Lifestyles
- Decreased Youth Risk Factors
- Cardiovascular Health
- Worksite Wellness
You can join the Live Healthy Douglas Coalition and contribute your ideas, support our mission, and get active in changing the statistics for Douglas County! Contact us today!
Top 10 Tips For Healthy Living
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS: BMI, Total Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Increase physical activity.
- Provide employees with worksite wellness initiatives.
- Advocate for a more active community.
- Be a role model for the youth.
- If you use tobacco, STOP!
- If you abuse/alcohol/drugs, SEEK HELP!
- Get informed!
- Join the “Live Healthy Douglas Coalition”
LHDC Event Photos
Power in Truth Event Photos
Meeting Dates for Live Healthy Douglas
Family Service Resource Guide
Prevention Services, Programs, Web Sites and Resources
Douglas County Student Health Survey 2011-2012
Douglas County Behavioral Health Survey County Wide Report 2011-2012
“Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford