MEDICAL RECORD REQUESTS
Cobb and Douglas Public Health must assure protection of individual health information required by the laws of the state of Georgia and the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
To Request Medical Records:
In Person: When requesting a copy of medical records in person, you may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), or cash. The Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information Form can be completed at the time of the request or printed out in advance.
By Mail: When requesting medical information by mail, include a completed Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information Form , copy of photo ID and money order made payable to Cobb County Board of Health. Mail request to:
Cobb County Board of Health
Attention: Medical Records Department
1650 County Services Parkway
Marietta, Georgia 30008
By Fax: Please print and complete an Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information Form and fax to: 770-794-4365. Records will only be returned via fax to other healthcare facilities.
Fees: Complete medical record: $15.00
Copy of individual page or form (example: Immunization record): $2.00 (each)
Who can request Medical Records?
- Any adult 18 years of age or older can request their records.
- Minor if legally emancipated (i.e. married or has been married).
- Any parent with legal custody, whether an adult or minor for his/her minor child.
- A legally appointed guardian.
How long will it take to obtain medical records?
- When requesting records in person, please allow up to 48 hours from the time of request to record pick-up.
- When requesting records by fax, please allow up to 48 hours from the time of request to record receipt.
- When requesting records by mail, please allow up to 2 weeks.
Can I have records sent to another healthcare provider/facility?
- Records can be sent directly to a healthcare provider/facility at no cost.
For additional information, please call the CDPH Privacy Officer at 770-514-2349.