Children’s Medical Services (CMS) is a program designed to assure that eligible children with chronic medical conditions receive specialty medical care in Georgia. Children (birth to 21 years of age) with eligible medical conditions, who live in Cobb or Douglas counties and meet income eligibility, may receive comprehensive care coordination.
CMS services are family-centered, culturally / linguistically competent and community-based. Care coordination provides referrals to medical specialist and diagnostic testing, links to community resources and assistance to apply for resources such as, State and Charity financial aid and medication assistance programs.
Some examples of eligible medical conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Cardiac, Chronic Lung (including asthma & cystic fibrosis)
- Craniofacial anomalies (including cleft lip and/or palate)
- Orthopedic and neuromuscular (including cerebral palsy, scoliosis & amputations)
- Diabetes, gastrointestinal, hearing and vision (cataracts, glaucoma, amblyopia & strabismus)
- Spina Bifida, neurological and neurosurgical (including epilepsy & hydrocephalus)
For more information about eligible conditions and services call:
- For children under age 5 years, 770-514-2759
- For children age 5-21 years, 770-432-0578