Learn More about the Healthy Start Initiative (home visiting program for pregnant women)
Learn More about the Responsible Fatherhood Program
Now offering Pregnancy Medicaid telehealth appointments. Call 770-514-2818 to schedule.
Call 770-514-2818 (English) or 770-514-2471 (Spanish) for more information or come by the Marietta Health Department for prenatal screenings. Bring your proof of pregnancy, if you have one, and your supporting documents
Know Your Maternal Warning Signs & When to Seek Help.
Did you know that 700 women in the U.S. die each year from pregnancy related complications? You or someone you know who is pregnant or delivered a baby within the year could be at risk!
Know the MATERNAL WARNING SIGNS. SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY if you/she has any signs.
- Headaches that won’t go away or get worse over time
- Dizziness or fainting
- Thoughts about hurting yourself or baby
- Changes in your vision
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain or fast-beating heart
- Severe belly pain that doesn’t go away
- Severe nausea and throwing up (not like morning sickness)
- Baby’s movements stopping or slowing during pregnancy
- Vaginal bleeding or fluid leaking during pregnancy
- Swelling, redness or pain of your leg
- Extreme swelling of your hands or face
- Overwhelming tiredness
HEAR THEIR STORIES:
For more information go to https://www.cdc.gov/hearher/index.html
“Bump and Beyond” Newsletters:
Cobb & Douglas Public Health Programs:
Research shows that women who do not receive prenatal care are three times more likely to have low birth weight (less than 5 ½ pounds) babies. Some of the reasons why pregnant women delay the needed prenatal care include the inability to afford medical care or health insurance, problems understanding the Medicaid process, or even lack of available medical services.
At Cobb & Douglas Public Health, we offer several programs to help reduce those barriers, increasing the accessibility to prenatal care. We help women get started — early — with the care and guidance needed for a healthy pregnancy.
Prenatal Screening & Referral
- Clients assessed and screened for services to determine how we can best meet their needs during pregnancy
- Referrals for pregnancy testing
- Application assistance for Presumptive Eligibility Pregnancy Medicaid
- Referrals for Babies