Cobb & Douglas Public Health offers the following Vital Records: Birth Certificates and Death Certificates.
How do I request a vital record?
|Online||Cobb & Douglas Public Health does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with: VitalChek. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
|By Mail||When requesting a certificate by mail, you may pay by money order made payable to Cobb County Public Health. Do not send cash in the mail. Be sure to include a copy of your Photo ID.
Cobb County Public Health
Vital Records Office
1650 County Services Parkway
Marietta, Georgia 30008
|In Person||When requesting a birth certificate in person, you may pay by credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Discover only), or cash.
Please provide the following to receive a certified copy of a birth certificate:
The person requesting a certified copy of a birth record must provide the appropriate fee and a signed request that includes the following information:
- Photo ID: Passport, Driver’s License, U.S. Military ID, State of Georgia ID, Foreign Passport
- Full name of person shown on the birth certificate (last name at birth if female)
- Date of birth (month, day, year)
- Place of birth (hospital, city, county)
- Full name of mother (include mother’s maiden name)
- Full name of father
- Relationship to the person named on the birth certificate request
- The number (full size) of certificates requested
- Search fee (includes one certified copy, if the record is found on file): $25.00
- Additional certifications of the same record ordered at the same time: $5.00
*Georgia law requires that a search fee is to be received before a certified copy of a birth certificate can be issued. Payment of the fee is necessary at the time of service and search fees are non-refundable.