Children’s Medical Services is a statewide program that supports children, youth and young adults (birth – 21) with special health care needs and their families. Children’s Medical Services provides assistance to eligible families and young adults with accessing timely and affordable health care services as well as needed resources within their communities.
Children’s Medical Services works with the child and young adult’s primary and specialty medical specialists to provide or coordinate for:
- Genetic Counseling
- Inpatient/Outpatient Hospitalization
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medications and Supplies
- Diagnostic Testing
- Transition Services (Provides information for youth, families and health care professionals on resources and information to support youth and young adults to successfully move from pediatric to adult care. https://dph.georgia.gov/transitioning-youth-adult-care)
Eligibility for the Children’s Medical Services program is based on the following:
- Eligible medical condition
- Annual Family Income
- Live in Georgia
Examples of eligible medical conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma, cystic fibrosis, and other lung disorders
- Some hearing disorders
- Neurological and neurosurgery disorders including seizures, benign tumors, hydrocephalus, and others
- Orthopedic and/or neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, scoliosis, clubfeet, congenital or traumatic amputations of limbs, and others
- Visual disorders including cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, and others
- Diabetes and other endocrine and genetic disorders
- Craniofacial anomalies (including cleft lip/palate)
- Congenital cardiac conditions
Services provided for the following counties: Cobb and Douglas
Please click here for more information on services provided statewide or to contact the Children’s Medical Services State Office.
For more information about eligibility, services provided and enrollment into the program please call:
Cobb & Douglas Public Health
1738 County Services Parkway (Building B)
Marietta, GA 30008
For children under age 5 years, 770-514-2759
For children age 5-21 years, 770-432-0578
Children’s Medical Services Brochure
Parent to Parent of Georgia:
Provides services to children and youth with disabilities and their families. Services include an on-line data base of various resources locally, educational trainings for parents and parent support program.
Special Needs Database: http://p2pga.org/index.php/database
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia:
Provides services to expectant families. Services include prenatal education and resources to expectant mothers, breastfeeding support and education, and assistance with accessing health insurance.
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Portal: https://www.resourcehouse.com/hmhb/
American Academy of Pediatrics – GA Chapter:
The official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics for parents on accurate, trusted and up-to-date information on issues regarding infants, children and adolescents.